Friday, August 9, 2013

If it's Friday, we must be in Bartlett...

I think I mentioned it in my post this morning, I really did lose track of days.  Not only days of the week, but shift days.  I have to stop and think about what shift it is today and that's not something I usually have to do.  It's Red Shift today, right?

Right?

OK, that's what I thought.  

Today we had a much shorter (YAY!) day than (not that I mind being busy) we did (but it's kind of nice to have a five or six hour day once in a while) yesterday.  We went to Bartlett for a quicky parade through the town and then a static display at a local shopping center.  We, as usual, met a bunch of great people, including (for the second day in a row) a guy that used to work with one of the guys at DG.  So it seems we've turned into the Chris C homies portion of the tour. And I texted him and told him that, lol.  I don't get to work with Chris very often, but he's a great kid and I really enjoy being around him.  And I hope he read this too the jerk, lol.  

But back to our event...  We met a woman that was just diagnosed recently and she, coincidentally she's the secretary for a nearby fire department.  We all lined up and hugged her like we usually do and handed her a marker to sign the truck.  We talked to her for a little while afterward and she took down my name and Chuck's name.  She wants to bring the Tour to her town next year.  I believe she'll make it happen too.  I'll do everything I can to help her do it.

A little while after that, a young lady came up to me with one of the guys from Bartlett FD.  Her sister has stage 4 cancer (I think she said lymphoma but I'm not sure) and she wondered if we could do a home visit.  She lives in a town near where I work.  We have an off day Monday. Dave is good with it.  The guys are good with it.  We're going to go see her sister Monday morning.  

I love this stuff.

I must admit, despite that above statement, I miss being home a little bit.  I miss the pirate.  But I also miss these two goofs...


So, it should come as no surprise that I kept getting drawn over to this...


I mean really, how cute are these guys?  Check out this one...


As the pirate often says, how can anyone hurt these guys?

It's time for Meet Your Pink Heals Tour Drivers!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Tonight meet Eddie Mac from Lower Alabama -


That's him on the right.  Eddie is from Orange Beach, Alabama where their motto is "protecting paradise".  For real, that's their motto.  I know, I usually make something up that makes people laugh.  Well, it makes me laugh and that's all that matters so, really...  

Eddie is a truck driver by trade and he handles Karen and the trailer like he's a truck driver by trade.  Which is to say he handles it like he was born in it.  Eddie is pretty passionate about this work, many guys are, but Eddie just seems to get it more than a lot of guys do.  

And I'm not just saying that because he's my roommate now.  

And we're talking while I write this.  

About Pink Heals stuff.

Another nice thing about Eddie?  He really is a good hugger, I know, I've been watching him and Chuck hug people for the last week and he's good.  

He also likes to fire on people that don't get Pink Heals.  Not people that are just learning about it, people that should know better, people that have history with the organization.  He's a lot of fun to be around.  And he's a good dude.  

He can't dance worth a damn though...


I thought we were gonna have to get him some oxygen.

Finally as we wrap up this little gem and get ready for a long couple days in Joliet (named for the famous French mada uhh nevermind) I found this, sent to me by a friend that works for Advocate Health Care.  It's a little photo gallery of our time with the people at four of Advocate's hospitals.  Warning, if you're using your mobile device this may not work properly.  Go to the bottom of the linked page and click of "mobile version" and you should see the pictures.

Pink Heals!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment