Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 5 (I have no clever subtitle)

Wow.

I'm really not sure how to begin tonight's entry.  I'm beat.  Up at 4:30 this morning (I don't often sleep well) Drove to Madison and set up at a shopping mall.  Several women from American Family Insurance corporate headquarters came by to see us, AmFam wouldn't let us on the property (probably just a misunderstanding) (probably) so the ladies came to see us.  

They were great.

We talked to them about what we're trying to do and who we're trying to reach.  As we talked to them and as Dave explained that for six years, no-one from the city of Madison has ever returned a phone call to him, I mentioned that it surprised me given Madison's reputation as a rather liberal community.  I told the ladies that in March of 2011, the pirate and I brought the Heir to the Throne up to Madison to march on the Capitol.  Told them I felt it was a civics lesson he'd never learn in school.  And I told them that, I believed, that if 100,000 people could march around the Capitol in February and March in Wisconsin, that they should easily be able to mobilize 50,000 people in the summer to march for women's health issues and prove to the city, county and state that they were the ones that demanded respect, that they were the ones that controlled the votes and that they were the ones who's voices should be heard.  

I think they're going to organize.  I'll do whatever I can to help them.

We spent 4 hours driving to Mason City, IA for our next event.  It was nice, but pretty warm and it drained me.  Short post tonight and potentially for the next couple nights too.  Lots of miles between events.  We're up at 4:00 AM tomorrow to drive 4 more hours to Sioux Falls, SD.  Three events at two locations, should be interesting.

Lucky for me I can hear the problems of the world being solved by the patrons of the hotel bar from the "business center".  Oh well.

Pink Heals!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment