Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ok we're off and running.

 As I was waiting to get picked up for the first stop of the season, and I must admit, it was kinda nice to get picked up at the house instead of flying or driving somewhere, I looked down and saw this...
 
Now, if I thought for a minute she was doing that because she would miss me, I might've been moved.  But this one is named "Stupid" as in "what is wrong with that stupid cat?" which makes it slightly less meaningful, don't you think?
 
So the first official stop for me is in the books.  My friends Ann and Bob came to see us and Ann signed the Chicagoland chapter's future truck Leslie.  I was really glad they were able to come by.  Ann had a pretty big smile on her face the whole time they were with us. 

 
The folks at Fox Point (a senior living community in McHenry) put together a nice little stop for us. And for a somewhat last minute thing, we drew some people in from the area.  A bunch of survivors got to sign our "girls" 

 
 And we had some really nice visits with people, including a chat with these two survivors.... 

 
the one on the left (no, your left) is actually friends with one of the guys I work with, something we discovered while chatting about what it is we do on tour.  So, of course, since we had common friends, we HAD to take a selfie in front of one of the trucks.
 
It's a thankless job, but somebody's GOT to do it...
 
We've got a down day tomorrow.  Apparently the guy that did the scheduling for Illinois is a slacker...
 
Hey I tried my best.
 
We'll most likely find somewhere to go and do a static display for awhile tomorrow, we may be moving to a different hotel for a couple days too.  I've got a friend of the program looking for deals for us. 
 
Geez I'm gonna owe him big time.
 
OK, I think that's the high points.
 
Oh, wait, I almost forgot.
 
So driving home this morning, my regular routine when the pirate is not at sea includes pulling into our local Pacific Northwest based, super mega global, coffee-based beverage serving business (still available for endorsement opportunities, you know "the official coffee of I can relate to ducks" kind of thing) and as I walked up to the door, I looked across the street and saw a pink SUV (picture to follow at some point) with the driver, one Dave Graybill, sitting inside drinking coffee and checking email.  He was in getting coffee for the troops.  We chatted briefly and then I went home to finish my prep work for the trip.  Nice surprise.
 
OK, that should do
 
Wait one more thing...
 
I was going to do an edition of "Meet your Pink Heals Tour Driver" but Brad left before I could get a picture of him.  It'll have to wait for a day or two...
 
This time for sure.
 
Pink Heals!
 
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment