Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Me and Willie Nelson

Not surprisingly, I have thoughts.

It's been awhile since I've had thoughts. At least thoughts that I felt like posting, but a combination of events have led me back to a keyboard.

Run.  Run as fast as you can.

First off, the title.  Back in the day, holy criminey BACK in the day, I used to listen fairly regularly, to both kinds of music; country AND western.  Now, this was before the, I guess, urbanization, of country music.  Before the crossover era.  Willie Nelson had a song called... well I've already wasted enough space on this gem...

I'm back out on the road for a few days.  Currently rockin it out in the Quad Cities, I'm looking for some tour stops for this summer.  As I looked through the line-up for the 2013 tour, something you can do here, I noticed a void in the schedule in mid July.  From west central Illinois to Milwaukee, there's one stop, in West Burlington, IA and that's it.  For, like, ten days.

Now, I said to myself, "Self, you know Illinois.  You kinda know Wisconsin, you don't know Iowa but when has that stopped you?"

And I had to agree with myself.

For what it's worth, I usually do.

So I put together a little slide show, I kind of What I Did On My Summer Vacation of Pink Heals stuff and I'm going out, knocking on doors to try and create a couple days worth of stops.  There's a couple of cancer care units in local hospitals, some free-standing treatment clinics and a local chapter of Gilda's Club, a national organization supporting cancer patients.

I don't have a definite path in mind, but as I kind of see the way this flows, I'd like to work my way up the Mississippi a ways before heading around to Milwaukee.  I may make another trip, or two, I'd really like to make a run up to Rochester, MN to the Mayo Clinic, it seems to me a natural fit.

OK, time to hit the shower, I've got stuff to do.

Peace.

Pink Heals!

No comments:

Post a Comment