Thursday, June 28, 2012

Change is good, right?

Ok, in an effort to maintain my earlier (and earlier... and... earlier) pledge to sit here more often, I thought a little housekeeping might help.  Thus, you get a new page design with pretty colors (oooh) atad more info on me(aaaaah) and a photo (I wrestled with this one.  It's an older pic and it doesn't really reveal too much I don't think so I decided to go with it) of the Heir to the Throne.  It was taken in March of last year on the day the pirate and I took him across the cheddar curtain to join the march on the Capitol up in Madison.  We felt like it was important for us to go up and show solidarity with the brothers and sisters of Wisconsin's IAFF affiliates and, in turn, show support for the folks that were placed in harm's way by Governor Rat's (pictured below from an appearance in Springfield, IL with several friends)


 proposed (and ultimately passed) legislation.

We also felt like it would be a civics lesson for him that he'd never learn in school.  We gathered with other firefighters from all over Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota and their families at a firehouse close to the Capitol and we weren't inside the door for 2 minutes when the house Captain saw him and said "Hey! Kid! You like pizza?"  The Heir said he did and Cap took him upstairs and fed him pizza and root beer.  The boy was in heaven.  We took to the streets with some friends that also made the drive north and marched around Madison chanting and carrying signs.


This was one of the first sights we saw, and it helped set the tone for the day.  The day will certainly remain on my top ten list of coolest things I've ever done.  But the best part was when I heard the Heir described the day to his teacher. 

Building future progressives, it's what I do...

Last shot from the day.




I think this one is my favorite.  Peace.













1 comment:

  1. I love this blog and picture. I know you love all your grand-kids but its nice hearing the pride and proudness (oh yea this is a word too) in your voice when you talk about them; that I don't always see. (if that makes sense; but since you speak "The Oldest One" I know you know what I am trying to say.)

    ReplyDelete