Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sigh

It's all about adjusting, right?

I mean, really, if you think about it, that's what life is all about. The adjustments we must make and how well we do (or don't) make them.

I adapted to a life-altering change in May 2003 and again in August 2006. For what it's worth, I think I adjusted reasonably well to both. Both were rather sudden changes and the adjustments were both instant and gradual but, to date, have gone pretty ok for me.

I had another life-altering change take place last year, I just didn't know it at the time. I had no way of knowing how meeting the pirate was going to change my life at that time. Don't get me wrong, this one has been ALL positive, but it was life-changing none-the-less.

And now, another change. This one shouldn't be as drastic as the others, God I hope it isn't, LOL... The pirate goes back to sea today. Sure just for a couple of days to start (there's much involved in piracy) but there will be refreshers taking place for much of the remainder of the month. And THAT, my friends, is the big change. We've hung out together, almost at will, for the last 14 ish months. You kind of get used to being around someone after that long, you know?

So, now I need to get into some routines. The old "negative into a positive" thing. As soon as I walk away from this thing today, I'm heading to the local health club *shudders* and climb on the treadmill for awhile. I figure I'll be spending more regular time there for starters. Also, I'm planning on devoting more time here, @Yelp (I'm sitting on 3 reviews) and on other "side projects" that I've pushed aside the last few weeks. I was a wee bit motivated by something a friend said yesterday, a friend that knows nothing of side projects, and so I need to get back to that. As well as home-type projects *yuk* that I've pushed aside for, oh, I don't know, FOREVER.

I'm treating a dancing girl to dinner tonight. Probably tomorrow night too. Hmmm, I need a non RL name for her. Maybe Dr. McDancington? Not sure, that's kinda cumbersome... Oh well, I'll keep working on that one.

Lastly, let me just shout out to the interwebz a Very Happy 1st Birthday to one of the favorite little peoples of one of my favorite big peoples! Happy 1st to the Little Flower and I hope your little flowers give up some amazing smells! Much to love to you and yours LF! xoxoxo from the pirate and I!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment