Friday, September 24, 2010

So, I've got that going for me...

Yikes.

In less than 3 weeks, it'll be a year since I've posted to this (or any other) blog.

Hmmmmm.

I'm not really sure what to make of that. It was often difficult to write here, as I mentioned then. So that may have been part of it. It was a new experience, a new "behavior" if you will, so maybe that was it. My life, as everyones' does, was evolving, so there's that.

I don't know that I have the answer. In all honesty, I even forgot HOW to find this little blog for a bit. Don't think THAT didn't make me feel stupid. Messed with my head pretty good.

As have a few things.

Here's an example...

Last year, towards the end of August, I met "someone". Let's call her ˆThe Pirateˆ. And as our relationship has grown over the last year, I came to realize she was, without question, my best friend.

I loved the Blond Child's Mother. With all my heart. Truly. But, and here's the thing that messed with my head, I never felt she and I were best friends. In fact, I do remember thinking it was a good thing we didn't work together, cause I thought that would've been a recipe for disaster.

Not so with The Pirate. I mean, we don't work together. Not even the same industry. Not even close. But we could. And be successful at it. I mean relationshipily... I won't presume to say we'd be a success at whatever we chose to do, but, well, you get what I mean.

So yeah, that kind of threw me off my literary game. Maybe because I didn't have much game to begin with. I don't know.

But I'm thinking I'm going to stick with this a little bit longer this time. I do enjoy it. And I've started up again with another little project, so, maybe between the two I can build a little momentum and see what happens.

And besides, The Pirate is gearing up to go back to sea and that should leave me with some idle time and Lord knows I've gotta find something to do instead of taking care of things around the house.

We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. I love this entry, and I love that you "found" this blog once again. Oh, and I love you and The Pirate (but, really...do I even need to SAY that anymore?!)...I mean, really. I think it's more than abundantly clear, no? :)

    I'm still happy to read whenever you post anything, no matter how long you go between posts. I absolutely LOVE seeing you so happy. I can say this with all honesty and without batting an eyelash: no one deserves it more than you. No one.

    That is all.

    <3

    ReplyDelete